The Nexus S is due to receive an over-the-air update to Android 2.3.4 over the coming weeks but the whole point of reading blogs is to learn about things before the general public. Well here is another 1up from Tech Tête. Upgrade your Nexus S i9020T (the AWS-equipped model) to Android 2.3.4 and get all the Google Talk functionality now!
What You Need
- You need to be currently running on Android Gingerbread 2.3.3
- Have the S i9020T (the AWS-equipped model)
- Zip file here provided by XDA Developers
NOTE: proceed with caution here and double-check that your phone is compatible, since those are the two requirements for the download to install properly. I’ve tested it without any issues.
- download file
- rename it update.zip
- boot into recovery
- choose apply update
How To Enter Recovery
- Shut down the phone by pressing on Power button for a while, and choose Power Off.
Depending on your model choose one of the following processes.
- Method 1: Press and hold the Up direction button on the D-pad of the phone (Up direction button is toward the screen), and press the Power button until the screen lights up.
- Method 2: Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Camera button, and press then Powerbutton until the screen lights up.
- Method 3: Press and hold the Volume Down button, and press then Power button until the screen lights up.
How To Enter Carrier APN (this is Google Stock so you will need to enter your APN data for mobile internet access – very easy)
- Touch the Menu key
- Touch Settings
- Touch Wireless & networks
- Touch Mobile networks
- Touch Access Point Names
- Enter your carriers APN settings (Google this as every carrier is different)
Post your results for others if you have chance!